Scholarships are offered to the students who are highly ambitious towards pursuing higher education. Some of the students may not be able to fulfil their dreams of being highly educated due to financial issues. Despite being a top-class student, some of them couldn’t afford post-metric education in few Indian institutes. For such aspirants, scholarships are considered a boon. Intending to encourage highly skilled and talented candidates, some of the Indian institutions offer scholarships. In this post, we furnished the top 5 popular scholarships provided for Indian students. Let start together Check it out here in detail.
Topmost Scholarships for Students in India
There are different types of scholarships offered for students in India. Some of them include merit-based, talent-based and more. Usually, the scholarships differ from state to state. However, regardless of the state, the major element that each government scholarship provides is to make sure to offer the best education to the students. The institutes that offer scholarships to the Indian students consider various factors. This post gives you the complete details about the best scholarships offered to the Indian students. Have a glimpse!
1. Swami Dayanand College Scholarship for Delhi/NCR 2020
Swami Dayanand Education Foundation releases an official notification to provide scholarships to the aspirants. This foundation offers the Swami Dayanand College Scholarship Programme and invites applications from the ambitious folks. This scholarship is offered to the students of Delhi/NCR colleges. The major objective of this scholarship is to render the best support to the skilled and economically backward candidates in pursuing higher education. The candidates who are seeking to get admission into the popular Engineering and Medical colleges in India can apply for this scholarship. The shortlisted candidates can get a scholarship of about Rs. 30000 per annum.
Check the following eligibility factors for the candidates to apply for this scholarship. It includes the following:
- Must secure at least 85 percentage in the 12th class exam.
- The Second-Year candidates must secure at least 7.5 CGPA
- Eligible for the students from Delhi/NCR region
- Study various professional courses from topmost Engineering and Medical institutes in India
When to Apply?
- The candidates can apply for this scholarship between November and December months.
- The selections are done based on the merit of the candidate in the academics and also considers the financial requirements of the candidates.
2. INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education [SHE]
The Ministry of Science and Technology, Department of Science and Technology invites applications from the aspiring contenders. The candidates seeking to pursue a basic 3-year B.Sc/4-year B.S or other integrated courses in the popular Indian institutes can apply for this scholarship. The candidates who got selected will receive a scholarship of Rs. 80000 per annum.
We listed the major eligibility factors that the institutes consider from the students to apply for this scholarship. Check it out!
- Should have an age between 17 and 22 years
- Must pass the 12th class exam with an aggregate score from the state or central board in India.
- Should be among the top 1000 rank holders in IIT/JEE or other entrance exams like NEET.
- Need to pursue BSc/BS/Int.MSc/MS degree courses from a recognized college in India
- Should study integrated courses from NISER or other courses
When to Apply?
- The students can apply for this scholarship every year between November and December months.
- This scholarship program offered to the students doesn’t conduct any exclusive entrance examination. Based on the previous educational background of the students, it provides the scholarship.
3. Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY)
KVPY is another popular scholarship scheme offered to the ambitious students seeking to get admissions into ISSc and IISErs. It is a national fellowship for the students who are willing to study basic science and research programs. The Department of Science and Technology, the Government of India offers this scholarship scheme to the aspirants. Through this scholarship program, the students can get a scholarship of Rs. 5000 per annum for the B.Sc. program. It also includes an annual fund of Rs. 20000. For the M.Sc. program, the students can get a scholarship of Rs. 7000 per annum. It includes an annual fund of Rs. 28000.
- Candidates who finished 11th to 1st year of graduation in science stream can apply
- Should score at least 60% of marks in the academics
When to Apply?
- The application process for this scholarship scheme begins in July every year.
- The authorities will provide select the candidates based on their performance in the aptitude test. IISc, Bangalore conducts this aptitude test for the contenders.
4. Aditya Birla Scholarship
The Aditya Birla Group provides the Aditya Birla Scholarship to the aspirants seeking to pursue various courses in premier institutions. The candidates can even enter the Aditya Birla Group after finishing graduation. Management students can get a scholarship of Rs. 175000 per annum. For the Engineering students, the scholarship offered is Rs. 65000 per annum. The students seeking to pursue a Law course can get a scholarship of Rs. 180000 per annum.
The candidates who want to study in premier institutes of Law, Engineering and Management can apply for this scholarship.
When to Apply?
- The aspiring students seeking to pursue Law and Engineering can apply for this scholarship in August every year. For Management students, the application process begins in July.
- The authorities of this scholarship program provide the scholarship based on the overall improvement of the student. During the selection process, the concerned authorities will consider the candidate’s performance.
5. Indian Oil Academic Scholarships
It is another popular scholarship scheme offered to the students in India. Through this program, the 10th and ITI candidates can get a scholarship of Rs. 1000 per month for 2 years. For B.Tech and MBBS students, the scholarship amount offered is Rs. 3000 per month for 4 years. The MBA students can get a scholarship of Rs. 3000 every month for 2 years of period.
The students must fulfill the following eligibility criteria to obtain the scholarship. Check the following eligibility conditions listed below:
- Candidates who have finished 12th class from ITI Diploma or Indian Board are eligible.
- 1st-year students of B.Tech, MBA, and MBBS are eligible for this scholarship.
When to Apply?
The application process begins from July month every year and ends in October.
The students are selected based on the marks secured in 12th class. This scholarship program doesn’t conduct any exclusive entrance test. This particular scholarship is offered to the Engineering candidates.
These are the popular scholarship schemes offered to the Indian students to pursue various higher education courses. If you have any doubts regarding this topic, drop them in the comments section. Stay tuned to this website for the latest updates about various scholarships for Indian students.