Coconut is a household staple in India. People not only used for cooking but for hair care and even enhancing the beauty of the skin. There are various interesting uses and purposes of coconut oil that everyone should know about.
Unique life hacks using coconut oil
- Coconut oil can be used to heal the cut or small wound. Apply the oil on the injured area and see the results in a few days.
- You can use coconut oil for oil pulling. It is the easiest and perfect way to keep plaque buildup and tooth decay at bay.
- If you are having a sore throat or any other cold-related illnesses then it’s better to increase the consumption of coconut oil as it acts as a painkiller and fever reducer.
- Coconut oil can do wonders for your bone health. Regular consumption of coconut oil can prevent osteoporosis and massaging this oil to your joints can also help to reduce arthritis pain.
- You don’t have to spend a huge amount on mosquito repellent spray or creams. To keep the mosquitoes away all you need to do is mix a few drops of coconut oil and ylang ylang essential oil and apply it to your skin.
- Why spend on those pricey moisturizing lotion when coconut oil can do that for you. This oil keeps your skin moisturized and takes care of it. Take a sponge moistened with coconut oil and wipe your face every day with it.
- To fight the wrinkles you should apply coconut oil to your skin or you can take it by mouth. Apart from this, you can also try a vitamin C capsule or vitamin tablet to achieve optimal skin health.
- Coconut oil works perfectly as an eye cream. Before going to bed apply the coconut oil around the eyes within a few days you will notice the reduction of wrinkles in that area.
- If you want to restore the health and appearance of your hair, all you need is good quality coconut oil, it works as a great hair mask for damaged hair. Just apply the oil to the roots of your hair and spread it. This oil is also helpful in curing dandruff.
- You can use this oil as a lip balm, it moisturizes and rejuvenates the skin of your lips, heals the cracks, and improves the appearance.
- Coconut oil is very much effective in healing nipple cracks that cause during breastfeeding, to remove stretch marks, and prevent diaper rash.
- Coconut oil can also be utilized as an eye makeup remover. Apply oil in a cotton pad and wipe gently until all the makeup traces are gone.
Coconut oil is loaded with fatty acids and enhances the flavor of dishes. For cooking, buy edible oil and not a cosmetic one.
- You can use this oil for baking and frying, not only it improves the flavor but also gives that spicy aroma to the dish.
- Coconut oil can be used as a secret ingredient in smoothies. Make your smoothie into an energizing drink by adding a teaspoon of coconut oil to it. This oil is perfect for those who want to watch their weight as it contributes to weight loss.
- Instead of purchasing that unhealthy mayonnaise try making mayonnaise at home and use coconut oil instead of sunflower oil. This will not only give you a healthy and tasty product but reduce the level of bad cholesterol.
Have you ever tried these coconut oil hacks or do you know any other coconut oil hack? Feel free to share your views and experience in the comment section below.