Hair fall is one of the biggest concerns amongst men and women. Even younger adults who are barely in their teens face hair fall. Hair fall is common but it does not mean that hair fall is not a concern.
Some people do not take hair fall seriously and might end up having hair loss – which is permanent loss of hair due to the weakening of hair follicles that stop producing hair after a point in time. Hair fall control is one of the major marketing schemes in the market with hundreds and thousands of products targeted at young teens and adults to help them cope with hair fall and premature hair loss.
What Causes Hair Fall?
Hair fall is often caused by not one but a combination of factors and reasons. These reasons could be due to internal factors such as health issues and stress or external factors such as bad water, pollution, and heat. Whatever be the reason, hair fall is inevitable but is not incurable. It can be easily managed with some self-care and products that are designed to tackle issues such as hair fall control.
Below are some of the most common reasons for hair fall in men and women:
- Stress can cause hair fall as it lowers the oxytocin hormones in the body and increases the cortisol hormones which makes the follicles shed out hair.
- A poor diet such as high sugar, high cholesterol diet with plenty of oil and grease can all cause hair follicles to become weak due to lack of nutrition.
- Extreme stressful work environments can also cause hair fall in men and women
- Health issues such as Thyroid, PCOS, Anemia, lack of vitamins, minerals, and other deficiencies in the body can cause hair fall in men and women.
- Alopecia is a common disorder that can cause excessive hair fall and can lead to patches of hair loss in the scalp.
- Excessive use of poor products such as shampoos and conditioners with SLS, phthalates, parabens can cause hair to fall.
- Excessive heat treatment such as perming, coloring, straightening, curling, etc can cause damage to hair and follicles.
These are some of the most common causes of hair fall in both men and women. Most teenagers can accredit hair fall to parlor usage and bad products or even poor nutrition as well.
Controlling Hair Fall
Hair fall can be controlled and managed if not avoided completely. These are some easy tips to avoid hair fall and grow natural, healthy hair:
Use the Right Products
One of the best methods to control hair fall is to invest in the right products – choose products that are natural, skin safe, dermatologically tested, and have no toxic chemicals. Use mild products that are safe for usage every day
Have a nutritious diet that is full of essential fats, proteins, vitamins, and minerals that are necessary to build strong hair and hair follicles. A good diet can directly help in growing better hair
Try managing stress levels by introducing exercise, yoga, meditation or even a simple walk can help in lowering the stress in the body. Less stress equals healthier hair
Hair Care Routine
Try to incorporate a healthy hair routine, oil hair every once in a while, use a mild shampoo to rinse the dirt off, condition hair to retain all the goodness. Use a mask once a week and rinse hair often.