CTET is taken by lakhs of candidates every year. It is a national-level exam for candidates seeking recruitment in the teaching sector. Aspirants are required to sit for two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Candidates are eligible to teach students from Class 1 to Class 5 after qualifying the Paper 1. Candidates qualifying the Paper 2 are eligible for teaching students of class 6 to class 8. Candidates qualifying for both the papers are eligible to teach students of Class 1 to class 8.
The CTET July 2021 exam is expected to be held in the first week of July. The CTET exam is usually conducted in a single day at two levels in separate sessions. With just a month in hand, aspirants are required to follow the best CTET preparation tips.
How to Prepare for the CTET July 2021: Exam Pattern
Before starting with the timetable for the CTET July 2021 exam, it is essential to clear your doubts regarding the question pattern.
|Exam||Passing Marks||Type of Questions Asked||Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Paper 1||60%||Multiple-choice Questions||150||150||2 hour 30 minutes|
|Paper 2||60%||Multiple-choice Questions||150||150||2 hour 30 minutes|
Paper 1: Chapter Weightage
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30|
Paper 2: Chapter Weightage
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30|
|Mathematics and Science
(For candidates who want the post of a mathematics and science teacher)
(For candidates who want the post of a social science teacher)
How to Prepare for CTET July 2021: CTET 2021 Study Plan
Given below is a one-month study plan for CTET preparation 2021. You can base your preparation on this study plan to ensure your success in the CTET July 2021 exam.
|Week 1||Child Development and Pedagogy (Paper 1)
Cover the entire syllabus within the first 5 days of the week. Revise the following important topics in the remaining two days –
● Development of a Primary School Child
● Concept of Inclusive Education
● Understanding Children with special needs
● Learning and Pedagogy
|Language I & Language II (Paper 1)
Focus more on the following topics –
● Language Comprehension
● Pedagogy of Language Development
|Mathematics (Paper 1)
Solve sums on numbers, simple equations, geometry patterns, algebra, time, data handling, measurement, solids, etc.
Read content on Pedagogical issues.
|End of Week 1||1 Child Development and Pedagogy (Paper 1) Test + 1 Language I & Language II (Paper 1) Test + 1 Mathematics (Paper 1) Test + Revising Previous Year’s Papers|
|Week 2||Child Development and Pedagogy (Paper 2)
Read topics related to Child Development, Pedagogy, and Learning
|Language I and II (Paper 2)
Dedicate your time to the pedagogy of language development and comprehension for both papers.
|Mathematics and Science (Paper 2)
(For candidates who want to become a mathematics & science teacher)
Solve sums on the number system, mensuration, algebra, and geometry.
Read topics on science, food, how things work, materials, natural resources, natural phenomena, the world of the living, people, and pedagogical issues.
|End of Week 2||1 Child Development and Pedagogy (Paper 2) Test + 1 Language I and II (Paper 2) Test + 1 Mathematics and Science (Paper 2) Test + 1 Mock Test|
|Week 3||Social Studies
Read the important topics related to history, geography, social life, and political life.
Pedagogical Issues in EVS
EVS Experimentation & Activities
Cover topics on Family and Friends, Plants, Animals, Water & Travel, Food & Shelter.
|End of Week 3||1 Social Studies Test + 1 Environmental Science Test + 1 Mock Test|
|Week 4||● Regularly solve mock tests covering the whole CTET syllabus
● Assess your strengths and weaknesses by working out previous years’ papers
● Integrate textbooks with online tools to improve your preparation
● If you are running out of time, concentrate only on your strong areas
● Don’t leave chapters for the last week
How to Prepare for CTET July 2021: Major Takeaways
Blindly reading up textbooks without a proper preparation strategy won’t lead to success. Integrate some easy strategies with our one-month CTET study plan to quickly cover the entire syllabus.
- Smart Study: Leaving important topics for the last moment is a big NO! Finish one chapter and solve questions immediately to measure your preparation. Solve mock tests regularly to find out areas that need more preparation. Only mugging up notes without solving the past years’ papers won’t lead you anywhere. You can also prepare your own notes to ease the revision process.
- Chapter Weightage: We have already provided you with a chapter weightage. Go through the past year’s question papers to understand the type of questions asked from each topic. Prepare accordingly.
- Time Management: You will get 150 minutes for solving 150 questions. Assign 50-55 seconds for each question. Leave the questions about which you are unsure. You can come back to those questions after you are done completing the entire paper. You must allot 5-10 minutes for revision. You must solve mock tests at home regularly to improve your speed. Without proper practice and preparation, it is challenging to complete the paper in time.
- CTET Preparation Online Tools: Candidates are required to integrate textbooks with CTET preparation online tools to improve their success rate. Textbooks offer limited scope for knowledge which is often not enough for clearing competitive exams. In the last week, candidates must solve online mock tests, quizzes, and short test series. You can boost your preparation with online CTET guide notes, explainer videos, and revision capsules. You can also avail of online answer keys to the past year’s papers to further boost your CTET July 2021 preparation.
Lastly, patience and practice are the key to success. Regularly revising and solving mock tests will boost your confidence and improve your chance of success. Hard work never fails. Believe in yourself and keep practicing!