In the age of information technology, people are no longer surprised by the phrase “electronic queue”, online services, electronic document management, a country in a smartphone. Today, all important documentation is duplicated on the Internet, and many public services in different countries are available through mobile offers. For example, in Ukraine (a country in Eastern Europe), the government has launched a paperless program, which means that all public services are provided online. But the modern trend of paperwork in electronic form requires appropriate validation.
Esignature was invented for this purpose. This unique innovation has helped move all legal and accounting work completely online. The electronic signature is officially equal to a handwritten signature and is of equal validation both for legal and natural persons. The electronic digital signature is the present and the future, as more and more countries are moving online. Today we are going to tell you about the types of electronic signatures, and why you need them. We will also discuss what the pros and cons are, as well as the rules for safe use.
Definition of the E-Signature
For a long time, electronic signature has been a fairly popular solution that allows entrepreneurs and individuals to solve official issues without leaving the office or home. Using a digital signature is relevant both when working with accounting documents and when preparing and sending declarations, invoices, letters, and official statements electronically. What is an electronic signature? It is essentially the equivalent of a person’s handwritten signature. Digital data is used in the process of identifying the owner to confirm that it was he or she who signed the documents. With this technology, you can forget about the eternal printing of piles of documents, signing all 1,000 pieces of paper by hand, sending signed documents to the appropriate authority by mail. Now everything happens in electronic format.
The main functions of the e-signature:
- Guaranteeing the integrity of the file with the document and its complete protection from changes and edits. A certified copy, once signed, remains the only official document. This ensures absolute confidentiality of information about users’ money transactions and document flow.
- Confirmation of receipt of a package of documents. By signing online documents, the signer can no longer tear or destroy the document because it has already been saved online. Such situations were possible when submitting reports to auditing authorities, as well as during the editing of internal documentation of the company.
- The impossibility for the person who certified and signed the document to refuse the obligations imposed on him.
You also can enjoy all these benefits, all you need is to visit the signNow website and try out its services. There are plenty of reasons to buy an electronic signature from these guys for your company, regardless of your company’s line of business. So, first, electronic signature optimizes the workflow, promotes proper management, and significantly reduces the company’s expenditures. The very fact of keeping personnel records, accounting records, and reporting involve a significant reduction in the volume of paperwork in the archives. Freed from paperwork, your employees can focus on their main tasks. Also, the time and expenses spent on contracts and agreements, batch payment documents, and their delivery to the addressee are reduced to zero. Check this article, to find out more benefits.
Types of Electronic Signatures
- The first type is a simple electronic signature. It’s important to remember that such a signature has no legal value. In fact, it’s just an ordinary set of your data (for example, a login and a password from the mail). It’s also verification by phone number and SMS. You can make such a signature by yourself using the appropriate software. The simple electronic signature is not used for business documents and public services. You can also request this signature from our friends at signNow.
- Enhanced unqualified electronic signature. Such signature has legal value only if an agreement between the parties is concluded and certified by a notary. Crypto-encryption is used to create such a signature. The enhanced unqualified electronic signature confirms the owner’s identity and also certifies that no changes were made to the document. This signature can be stored on a USB-flash drive with a password accessible only to the owner.
- Enhanced qualified signature. The creation of such a signature requires the agreement of the relevant authorities of the country. It is not easy to get such a signature. But an electronic signature confirmed by the authorities gives a lot of advantages for doing business. Such signature has full legal power.
Advantages and Disadvantages
What are the most obvious pros and cons of e-signatures? The advantages include saving money and time (in business, these concepts are interchangeable), a convenient and easy way to use, and the ability to sign an electronic document in a matter of seconds. However, despite so many advantages, there are still a couple of disadvantages. Using an electronic signature requires the use of appropriate software and IT infrastructure. But the experts at signNow can solve any difficulty and help you set up and start using such a convenient service.
Reasons To Choose signNow
If you do not trust our recommendations, then we advise you to read hundreds of positive reviews about the company on the Internet. Satisfied customers are the reason for the company to develop and improve its services.
Buy e-signature means to ensure corporate data security, increase the company’s credibility and follow with the latest trends.